Sunday, March 16, 2008

Laying In Color


Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Here we are at super Tuesday again, I am listening to Hillary Clinton in her victory speech. It is probably one of the best things about today. The worst was when the heavy plate glass and metal door closed on my fingers, pushed by a gust of wind. Not controlling my language as the pain was pretty severe, prompted my teacher to speculate that I had past life as a sailor.

Tonight it is storming. The wind whips up the ocean, making it roar through the rain. The sky is masked and the lightening strikes are a burst of flame inside a sky of grey cotton.

My paintings are both frustrating and not resolving well. We have now gotten most of the project but the pacing has been frustrating to me. I have realized that the premise of this project, breaking the space into small shapes, is contrary to what my painting goals are. Having those small shapes feeds difficulties that I am working to overcome. I will meet with my instructor first thing in the morning to see what he has to say.

No comments: