Tuesday, January 5, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!! VISIONS


Hope all of you had a fun-filled holiday and that 2010 brings great adventures, happiness & health to all!

I've been thinking about what I'd like to accomplish in this coming year, as well as this dynamic decade. Having returned to school this past Fall, it has stimulated some feelings of opportunity that had lain dormant for a while. One of the conclusions that I've come to is that I'd like to get my MFA. The courses I've been taking have been directed at fulfilling prerequisites for admission. A number of people have asked why I want it, saying that in this job market it may not be a ticket to good employment, or that I'll just have to unlearn in order to keep my own style. But I realize I am serious about wanting to expand my work and working in a vacuum, as studio artists do, is not conducive to that. I am really excited about this prospect.

This will be the year of representation for my work. I have stated this goal for a while but have not really pursued it with seriousness. I will take the intimidation I feel at contacting some galleries and put it away, to reflect on in private. I will not let it have my power. This is the year my work will find either a literal or metaphoric home.

I also want to continue teaching. I have strong art skills and I am an interesting and effective teacher. Being in an academic environment let's me see how others communicate and educate about art. I can do that well and will find ways to reach out to students.

So those are some of my goals for this year. From here, I will form an action plan.

What are yours?

No comments: