Thursday, August 13, 2009

Paradise By Another Name

As I sit in the palaba, a kind of gazebo roofed in sugar cane thatch, near the top of a mountain in Nicaragua, I can hear birds and monkeys, insects and frogs compete to have their voices heard in the night sky. Night falls early here in Central America, about 5:30 and the sun doesn't linger on the horizon--within moments of its descent, the colors disappear and darkness ensues.

We enjoy our last day here in San Juan del Sur tomorrow, celebrating my daughter's 17th birthday. We will have a handmade pinata and her host family as guests.

I haven't done much artwork on this trip, even though the intent was there, but I have taken many photos and breathed in the beauty of this land & its people. I have visited ancient places where Mother Nature continues to demonstrate her supremacy. I look forward to returning home & sharing the lessons I have absorded through my art.

No comments: