Wednesday, August 27, 2008

In A Red, Red Room



RED WALL
monotype
11" x 14"

This piece was the product of an off press printmaking technique. I drew out the design beforehand and used my drawing as a template to paint the whole image, in printmaking ink, directly onto the plexiglass plate. When this was done, I let it dry completely. In the meantime, I soaked a sheet of paper in water. I placed the paper over the painted plate and put the whole sandwich between two sheets of plywood.

Now it was time for me to put on the music and get on my feet---on top of the print and wood! I danced and rocked out for a while until I felt sure the print had transfered. It took a number of tries to get it to work right, but finally I was able to pull this lively, one of a kind print.

This piece is obviously part of my Chair Series and this charming interior is found nowhere but in my imagination and on this monotype print.

No comments: