Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Floral Hill

As life gets to be more and more hectic, the need to carve time into my relentless schedule becomes even more pressing. It's times like these that I frequently work on my small collages. these works are comprised almost entirely of papers that I handpainted. Using mostly torn pieces gives the work an organic feel, to both edges and shape.

This piece at left is part of my Environment series. The pieces in this series come in small size (usually 9" x 6"). The works in this series are not representational but rather gives an impression of land and sky, the water and shore, as do all the pieces in this series.

Most of the collage is done on white paper as the base but this piece includes a unique paper that is gouache on a teal base paper.

Floral Hill depicts the sky, hills and sea. The media are gouache, watercolor, paste paper and oriental paper. It is signed with my chop which is my name in Chinese. The price is $75. It can be purchased at my studio during the Flatbush Artists Studio Tour, June 7 & 8, www.FlatbushArtists.org.

No comments: